Thursday, February 24, 2011

Moving On


You said you’d always love me
That I was something else
That no other lady had held your heart as well
A silly trusting fool
I believed that it was true until you left

And each day that wanders by recalls your warming smile
I tell myself we weren’t meant to be
But truth be told you had my soul
And I’m forever changed because you loved me

And here I am, imagining
That soon you’ll be replaced
I’ll take him in, or he’ll take me
Quickly we’ll escape
And then my heart will heal accordingly

But when that rebound’s over
The shimmer of its spell is broken…
I’ll be forced to fall into step just like before
Adjust again
I want to trust again
I want to know it’s not a lie to be adored

The blowing winds have changed your mind
And the stories that you tell
Your every season brings its lies
And some truths with it as well
My only hope is that you come to finally understand your fate
That whomever’s heart you handle next
Won’t suffer your mistakes

I know that I still love you
And that it hurts to say aloud
All the ways in which I’d adjust our love
If I could just do it over somehow
But there’s nothing I could ever do
To slow the Earth and get my way
Times are changing
And I, too, must change to keep the pace

-- every person I know I take in another person as part of me --

Feb 23rd. -<3-


No comments:

Post a Comment